Number of Runners
RAF SPADEADAM HALF MARATHON AND 10 MILE BERGEN CHALLENGE
Trail Outlaws are delighted to be co-hosting the RAF Spadeadam Half Marathon and 10 mile Bergen Challenge. The race is hosted at RAF Spadeadam and we have to give full credit to the team at the base and the Royal Air Force Benevolent fund that want to see this race continue and grow.
The course offers stunning views along its length, winding its way around and through Spadeadam Forest with views over to the Lake District and Sycamore Gap on Hadrians Wall. With numerous RAF practise targets and tanks along the route, it is a run that offers a unique opportunity. If you opt for the 10 mile bergen challenge, then you will also need to carry a 35lb pack! The course is fully marked and marshalled to help you on your way.
This truly is a unique and fun trail running event. Entry incldudes a hot drink and sandwhich.
Do you want to take on the ultimate trails series Half Marathon challenge? Five challenging routes that you will need to complete to earn your exclusive hoodie and the chance to compete against other people in a league for prizes.
Photographic of ID such as a driving license, passport, offical work pass, bus pass is required when registering for the race.
Route and Course Markings
Aid Stations/Check Points
There will be several checkpoints that on the course. Sweets and water will be available at the check point. Sweets, water and fizzy drinks will be available at the end of the race.
The race checkpoint has first aid equipment for minor injuries. The start/finish area will also have first aid provision inculding a paramedic and an ambulance. Nearest local hospital:- Cumberland Infirmary, Newtown Rd, Carlisle, Cumbria, CA2 7HY. 01228 523444
- Shoes suitable for the ground conditions
- Proof of ID to enter the base
All finishers get a custom designed medal and a t-shirt.
There are also male and female prizes for the categories shown below.
|First Three||First finisher||First finisher||First finisher||First finisher|
Race Registration and Parking
CA8 7ATMap for RAF Spadeadam
RAF Spadeadam Half Marathon and 10 mile Bergen Challenge - 25/09/2022
09:30 - 10:40Race HQOpens for race registration, pick up race numbers and race merchandise.
10:55Start/Finish AreaRace safety briefing
11:00Start/Finish AreaRace start!
13:30Start/Finish AreaAwards Presentation
15:00Start/Finish AreaRace cut off
RAF Spadeadam Half Marathon and 10 mile Bergen Challenge - Rules
- All competitors must be running under their own names and numbers. No swapping of numbers or running in another’s place will be accepted. If you are found to be running in another’s place you will be disqualified.
- You must log your number with race marshals at each check point. It is your responsibility to make sure the marshal takes your number.
- Any competitor who is deemed unfit to continue by the race directors, marshals or medics will be withdrawn from race. The decision will be FINAL.
- Runners must carry all mandatory equipment at all times during the race unless stated otherwise at Race Briefing by the Race Director. If found to be not carrying the required kit at any time, you will be disqualified.
- If you decide to retire from the race you must notify a marshal. You must surrender your race number and you will not be allowed to continue.
- Unsporting behaviour (cheating) will not be tolerated and result in immediate disqualification. This includes but not limited to, not carrying mandatory kit at all times, taking short cuts, use of PEDs.
- We strongly advise against the using of NSAIDs (Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs i.e Ibuprofen) during the events, as they are proven to cause harm during endurance events. Doing so against this advice is strictly at the competitor’s risk.
- All runners take full responsibility for their own navigation during the event.
- You must have your bib number visible at all times or easily accessible to show the Check Point team.
- If you do not leave an aid station before the cut off time you will not be allowed to continue for safety, cut-off times will be strictly enforced. If you get to the finish line after the final cut off you will unfortunately not be listed as an official finisher and will not be eligible for awards.
- Littering will result in immediate disqualification. We must respect the trails at all times. Some of our events take place in SSSI (Sites of Special Scientific Interest), and securing permission to host events in these areas is very difficult. If you litter you not only jeopardise the events future, but more importantly you jeopardise the area.
- Dogs are NOT allowed to take part in the event. They present a trip hazard to other runners and a risk of upsetting livestock of local land owners.
- Headphones are not permitted at the race.
- You do not have a right of way priority over any other users of the course, you must respect other users of the course throughout the duration of the event.
- The race has an ARC permit number and will be held under ARC rules. We recommend that you make yourself familiar with ARC rules specific to Trail running: http://www.runningclubs.org.uk/rules
|Male||Mark Kearney||2019||01:27:21||Female||Natalie McCarron||2019||01:36:41|
|M40||Mark Kearney||2019||01:27:21||F40||Andrea Banks||2019||01:39:43|
|M50||Andrew Carey||2019||01:36:06||F50||Avril Mackay||2019||01:52:59|
|M60||Jeremy Ellman||2019||01:54:26||F60||Jose Bennett||2019||02:06:30|